Monday, September 19, 2011

Favorite words



Words are powerful. I've known that I very much disliked certain words for decades now. It's only been more recently that I realized that I have at least as many words that I just adore. Do you have any favorite words? Care to share them with me in the comments? Is it strange to love a word? Oh well, it really doesn't matter if it is. My favorites:

imagine. This is something I never used to do with regards to my own life. It was reserved for reading books or watching movies/TV.
Definition: to think, believe, or fancy

hope. This is something I lived without for many years. I never want to feel that way again.
Definition: the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best

love. Something I am learning more about every day. Realizing that we are here to love each other and that is a big enough 'life purpose'.
Definition: a profoundly tender, passionate affection;a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection for a person

grace. A group of amazing people have recently shown me what this really is. I will be forever grateful. One of my favorite words by far!
Definition: unmerited favor or goodwill

believe. Something I didn't allow myself to do for a long time... still learning to believe in myself as much as I believe in others.
Definition: to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.

serendipity. This makes the list because I want so badly to live this way. I want to believe that life is like this in my head, not just my heart.
Definition: an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. good fortune; luck

serenity. I strive to be and feel this way. Always. Probably not good, normal or healthy to always feel this way... but perhaps something to aim for when more harsh feelings creep in.
Definition: the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil

dream. Something else I didn't allow myself to realize. I actually have dreams of my own. Things I want to do. It's time to start going for it!
Definition: a vision voluntarily indulged in while awake





No comments: