Friday, July 22, 2005

Allergies, school supplies and it's the weekend again

Our allergies have been so terrible lately. Ugh. I hate that! It makes me sleep like the dead and feel tired all day long. Plus the whole sniffing all day and night and red, itchy eye thing isn't fun. And that's with taking allergy meds. Loverly.

So, kiddo begins 2nd grade in just over a week. They go back August 1. I'm so ready for it and so not ready for it at the same time. Poor kid, none of his clothes fit him now. Everything fit fine when school let out the first of June - but now - all the pants are too tight and are high waters on him. His shirts are even looking silly. We'll be going clothes shopping for everything next week.

Today we took care of the school supplies list the school posted. We actually managed to get everything on there, no thanks to Target not stocking enough of the necessities. I hate to think if I had waited any longer. We got the last pack of Crayola Markers and Crayola 16 count Crayons. We got the 3rd to last pack of yellow #2 pencils. For real - you'd think they'd have more of the basics and less of everything else. But no.

Kiddo picked out a new backpack. Last year it was Ninja Turtles, this year he found a Fantastic Four backpack he liked. I swear, they do not make these things very sturdy. I will not be shocked when the thing rips after a few months. At least we got it at 50% off.

I must really be getting old because that shopping trip has worn me out completely. At least it's the weekend... yay! (I think). The hubster and I are planning to see The Island tomorrow - I cannot wait. It looks awesome and I am in love with Ewan McGregor. He rented Million Dollar Baby and Constantine last night so we'll probably watch those over the weekend as well. Sounds good to me.

I do have a small pile of web work sitting here that I should think about doing at some point.... it only arrived today though so I may leave it until Monday.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

No comments: