Thursday, July 28, 2005

One day on, one day off

I swear that is how I've been for the last couple of weeks. I can be super woman one day and then the next I have the desire to do jack.

Yesterday it was school clothes shopping day. Kiddo and I drove to my grandmother's, then we went out to lunch (us, Grandmother and my Mom), then shopping for school clothes and shoes. After we were done I was so over shopping I wanted a tall glass of ice cold water and my bed. But no. We went back to my grandmothers and kiddo went swimming in her hot tub for 2 hours. We were pretty much out and about going non stop from 10 until 8 p.m.

Kiddo is actually doing really well with swimming. Somehow he has learned some actual skills in the hot tub. He can do the dead man's float and actually stuck his face in the water (thanks to his new Fairly Odd Parents goggles) and swam around the hot tub. Yay! Go Kiddo!

Then there was today. Today I woke up very late, dragged my butt out of bed. Made lunch for everyone and an hour and half later I was back in bed. I just didn't care. I had some depression or something going on. Why? I have no idea. But I slept and gosh I needed it. I finally snapped out of it around 6:30 p.m. and decided I really should get some things done today. Kiddo and I went out and ran a bunch of errands. Now it's 9:30 p.m. and I'm in the middle of doing 5 loads of laundry (kiddo's new school clothes + ) ; it makes me not feel so bad for doing nothing all day when I'm so productive at night. heh

1 comment:

Sam said...

I can totally relate to what you're saying. I seem to streak through things that same way...way productive one day, not so much the next.

But so goes life, I guess. Either way, you sound like a good mommy, so I wouldn't stress to much about one day or the next...overall, sounds like you do a lot of good. :)