Friday, April 01, 2005

Not a fan of April Fool's Day

Am I the only one who isn't crazy about April Fool's Day? Every year, April 1 rolls around and it's as if people believe it gives them a license to act annoying with zero consequence. Ugh.

That is rather hypocritical of me though because it's not that I don't personally enjoy getting one over on someone. I just don't feel we need a special day for it. Seriously - what's the fun in that? People knowing ahead of time that you're going to be messing with them. I screw with my husband's mind plenty. I don't wait for April 1.

My 7 year old seemed to believe he got me this morning. He came out of his room this morning, stared at me all weird like and with a perfectly straight face said, "Mom. There's a toy on your head." I look at him like he's insane because I know full well there is no toy on my head. I am not remembering it’s April 1; April Fool’s Day. I don't know what to say. I say nothing and just stare at him as if he is crazy. He repeats himself. “Mom. There’s a toy on your head.” We have our stare off for another minute. Finally he breaks down and yells, "April Fool!"

Yes, I count my blessings daily that he really is not a prankster. Yet.

No comments: