Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Another day in the life of....

Kiddo got up around 1 a.m. to pee. He calls out, "Mom! I need you!" very urgently. I was on my computer but got right up and ran in there. What I found was a lake forming upon what was once my bathroom floor. I jump right in the lake and make for the valve to turn the water off since the toilet doesn't plan to stop pouring out water any time soon. By the time the water valve is shut off the lake has made its way out to the carpeting. All the while I'm yelling for my husband to get his butt off his computer and get in there to help me out. Does he? Nope. He says he'll be there in a moment and yes, at that point he knew what was up. Niiiiiiiiiice.

So hubby mopped up the floor and plunged the toilet (my hero). I finished sopping up the lake and then got to disinfect everything. The icing on the cake was, I had just finished cleaning the bathroom prior to this whole fiasco. Ain't life grand?

I want to go away from the world and be alone for awhile. I swear, if I was a drinking woman I'd have had me a tall glass of something strong tonight!

Tomorrow I'll deal with the nasty soaking wet towels and bathroom mats which are currently sitting outside in a trash bag. Lord help me.

No comments: